Hi!

Rotter er flokkdyr og trenger burkamerater. Her postes spørsmål om introduksjoner.

Moderator: Moderatorer

Loca&Waka
Pinky

Hi!

Post by Loca&Waka »

Hi Im from Poland, I speak only Polish and English. ( I've two rats in Polen)
Im looking for any people from Kristiansand, who could give me some information about rat.
as:
1.import rats to Norway from another country
2.care for rats when someone leaves for about 2 weeks

Matmor
Gammelrotte

Re: Hi!

Post by Matmor »

Hello, and welcome to the forum. I don't live in Kristiansand, but I'll try to answer your question about importing rats.

Norway has different rules for different countries of origin. Importing from Sweden, Denmark and Finland is supposed to be easier than importing from other EU/EØS countries. One can apply to the local Mattilsynet for an import permit which lasts for a year and allows a maximum of 10 rats to be imported. Depending on the local office one may have to pay from NOK 0,- to NOK 1000,- for this permit. In order for the import permit to be valid the rats must be accompanied by a veterinary health certificate no older than 48 hours when leaving the rats'country of origin. The rats will have to be brought through the red zone. The rats will have to be bought privately, not in a pet shop or at an exhibition. There are rules about using disinfected cages, or new cages only.

Other EU/EØS countries require a permit from Mattilsynet's main office. The number of rats one is allowed, if the permit is granted, is still 10 rats. This may cause slight problems if one is traveling alone. Under EU-regulations one person is only allowed to bring 5 animals across the internal borders. I do know that two Swedes were allowed to import more than 5 rats each from GB through Denmark during the summer. They carried documents showing that they were allowed to import a greater number of rats: by special application the number rules can be set aside. Somehow I doubt that the customs will make a fuss over 10 rats in transit as long as the papers are in order. Still, if some civil servant is feeling disgruntled they could cause you serious delays.

Under EU-rules and Norwegian rules the veterinary certificate can be up to 7 days old when crossing the border to Norway.

If you are moving to Norway and seek to import rats that you have owned since birth or for at least 6 months the process is fairly straightforward. If you are importing rats to breed from you are, according to the regulations, required to provide a special veterinary certificate that few, if any vets will issue - or are allowed to issue. Mattilsynet has been known to be lenient on the type of veterinary certificate one needs when importing rats for breeding purposes.

To apply for an import permit you need to fill in this form.
http://www.mattilsynet.no/mattilsynet/m ... 62424a.pdf
It is in Norwegian, but I think an English translation can be obtained by contacting Mattilsynet. If not I'm sure we could help you with the translation and filling in the form.

Skaubytroll
Alfatryne

Post by Skaubytroll »

Skaubytrollets rotteri
NTF Nettbutikk
Mat og strø av ypperste kvalitet.

Loca&Waka
Pinky

Post by Loca&Waka »

thank you very much for all the information I wrote many times to Mattilsynet, but never got particular information, I have to transport the rats from Polish so it is more complicated.

Loca&Waka
Pinky

Re: Hi! KRISTIANSAND

Post by Loca&Waka »

Loca&Waka wrote:Hi Im from Poland, I speak only Polish and English. ( I've two rats in Polen)
Im looking for any people from Kristiansand, who could give me some information about rat.
as:
1.import rats to Norway from another country

Matmor
Gammelrotte

Post by Matmor »

Are you looking for someone who can take care of your rats for two weeks at a time during holidays in the Kristiansand area?
Or are you asking about animal welfare concerns - how often the rats needs to be fed, watered or health checked according to Norwegian regulations if you go away?

Loca&Waka
Pinky

Post by Loca&Waka »

[quote="Matmor"]Are you looking for someone who can take care of your rats for two weeks at a time during holidays in the Kristiansand area?

i ask about it :cheerful: In kristiansand I'm only with my boyfriend, so already I want to find someone in the future could take my rats at the time of my absence